Enterprises employing more than 250 people, or making more than 50 million euro sin revenues annually now have new obligations regarding energy efficiency.
On the 12th of May, the National Assembly of Hungary has accepted act LVII. of 2015. about energy efficiency, in accordance with the EU’s 3×20 strategy and the 2012/27/EU directive about energy efficiency. This requires every large enterprise to execute an energy audit every 4 years: however, companies operating a certified EN ISO 50001 energy management system – approved by an accredited audit organization – are exempted from the obligations.
Large companies must execute their first energy audit until the 5th of December, 2015, but the Hungarian Energy and Public Utility Regulatory Authority will not charge penalties until the 31st of December, 2016, should the company fail to carry it out. However, the amount of the penalty after the 31st of December, 2016 may be as high as 10 million HUF.
The minimum requirements for the audit are as follows:
– Reports about the energy efficiency and consumption should be based on measured and traceable, up-to-date data.
– It must include a detailed checkup of the energy performance profile of building(s) or building complexes, industrial operations or establishments, as well as shipping.
– It must include the analysis of lifecycle expenses.
– Furthermore, it is necessary to determine the following:
a) the applied energy sources and their expenses;
b) the consumption trends, base values and specific values;
c) the points of wasting energy;
d) discovery and analysis of steps towards more efficient energy usage, possibilities for using renewable energy sources, and presenting more developed operational procedures and possible new equipment.
– It must include suggestions on improving energy-efficiency, supplemented with quantified savings.
– The energy audit must determine the arrangements based on the following intervention categories:
a) investment is not necessary (basic),
b) can be profitable even without support (cost-optimal),
c) currently only possible with support (costly).
The SMART ENERGY VISION energy management system – developed in cooperation by R&R Software and Future Energy – is a real-time energy management system, which provides the widest portfolio of energy management services with Cloud and IoT (Internet of Things) technologies. Users of the SMART ENERGY VISION system may measure and monitor their energy and piped utility consumptions and their green energy generation with great precision, in real time.
Innovative, integrated business analytics tools provide a wide palette of functions for evaluating data – this way, it can serve as a good basis for carrying out energy audits, and also for EN ISO 50001 energy management systems.
The SMART ENERGY VISION energy management system is also available as a Cloud based service.